When I travel to California for work, it’s becoming a habit for my friend Karim Marucchi & I to have steaks at least once. I enjoy cooking them, so we’ve begun doing dinners at his house with friends and ribeyes have become the steak of choice. How can you go wrong with that? This recipe is simplicity at its best.
This steak goes great with chimichurri sauce and pairs really well with a bold red wine.
- 1 ribeye steak
- 2 pats real butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt & ground pepper to taste
- If the steak has been refrigeratorated, place on a counter to warm.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high flame.
- When the skillet is warm, add olive oil and 1 pat of butter to the pan to melt and spread.
- Add steak to skillet. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Season exposed side with salt. IF steak is thicker than an inch, you may want to cook for 7 minutes per side.
- Turn steak over. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Season exposed side with salt & pepper. Top with remaining pat of butter.
- Remove steak from skillet and let rest undisturbed for 5 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy. Steak should be medium rare, cooked all the way through but pink and juicy in the middle.